Donnerstag, 16. Juli 2009

Eve's "Jardin d'Herbes"


Ich bin endlich in meiner Lernfreistellung für den zweiten Steuerberaterprüfungs-Versuch angekommen und musste erst mal kräftig durchatmen. Die letzten vier Wochen waren Stress in seiner reinsten Ausprägung: Unter der Woche bis grundsätzlich 21.30 Uhr arbeiten, am Samstag 6 Stunden Klausur schreiben in der Mensa und am Sonntag die alte Wohnung auf Vordermann bringen. Also, langweilig war’s mir nicht!!!

Die letzten drei Tage konnte ich mit geliehenen Auto (der Dank gebührt Robert) auch noch gaaaanz viele Dinge erledigen, die ich die ganze Zeit vor mich hingeschoben habe, da ich – man glaubt es ja noch immer kaum – kein Auto hab.

Meine neue Wohnung hat übrigens eine kleine Vorrichtung für Blumenkästen. Wer mich kennt weiß: Den grünen Daumen meiner lieben Mama habe ich wahrlich NICHT geerbt (genauso wenig wie die ultra-süßen Sommersprossen). Aber nach langem Ringen habe ich mich dann doch dazu entschlossen, Blumenkästen zu kaufen. Nein, meine lieben Freunde, es sind KEINE BLUMEN geworden, die da auf meinem Balkon hoch über Münchens Straßen sprießen ------ es ist mein ganz persönlicher „Jardin d’Herbes“, den ich SCHON IMMER haben wollte!!!

Gepflanzt hab ich: Schnittlauch, Petersilie und Lavendel.
Gesät habe ich: Zitronenmelisse, Pfefferminze und Rucola (ich liebe Tomate-Mozarella… und da noch frischer, scharfer Rucola drüber… EIN TRRRRRAUM)

Mal schau’n, ob die lieben Vögel mir alle Körner aus den Trögen picken --- wehe denen!! Eva’s Rache ist langwierig und grausam eventuell sogar blutig, ich befürchte nur, ich würd’ sie sowieso net erwischen!

Wer also Lust auf einen frischen Pfefferminztee oder einen Kräuterquark mit Kartoffeln hat: Herzlich Willkommen in Eva’s „Jardin d’Herbes“




I finally „arrived“ in my study leave for the second try of the darn tax adviser exam – and I really had to catch my breath first. The past four weeks have been stress in its purest form: Working Monday – Friday for at least 11 hours, writing a training test for 6 hours every Saturday and getting the old flat cleaned, painted, etc. on Sundays. I mean: I cannot say, I was bored somehow in the past four weeks!!!

Well, the past three days I was able to finally get loooooads of things finished for the NEW FLAT because I borrowed a car (thanx to Rob). --- yes, I still don’t have a car --- thanx to the wonderful freaking rent-payments every month here in Munich! :-(

Anyway, my new flat has a small protrusion on its balcony for flower boxes. Everyone who knows me is aware of the fact: I have NOT inherited my Mom’s “green thumb”, as we say in Germany if somebody is talented in gardening, (neither have I inherited those ultry-cute freckles). But I wanted to feel more comfy in my new flat, so I did buy some flower boxes. But no, my dear friends, I have NOT PLANTED flowers in the boxes high over Munich’s streets ----- I have arranged my personal „Jardin d’Herbes“ which I wanted since sooooooo long ago!! (sorry to say that the most outstanding thing in the past was my basil in the kitchen) :-)

So, I have planted: Chives, parsley and lavender
And I have sown: Lemon balm, peppermint and rucola (I love tomatoes with mozzarella… and fresh & spicy hot rucola on top… A DRRRREAM!)

Let’s see, what the birdies will do now: I hope they don’t dare to come closer than 5 yards!! Eve’s vengeance can be long and cruel and might be bloody (even though I can’t stand blood) if I catch them ;-)

So, anyone longing for a fresh peppermint tea or sour cream with herbs on potatoes: A very warm welcome in Eve’s „Jardin d’Herbes“

4 Kommentare:

Sprack Attack hat gesagt…

That sounds wonderful Eve. I need to do that so I will have fresh herbs.

Tami hat gesagt…

I want to come! I will have to plant my own too! I hope all goes well and the birds stay away. Keep us updated on the growth.

Alysha hat gesagt…

YUM!! Ich muss meine Jardin d'Herbes wieder pflanzen. Irgendwann sind alle gestorben. Ich drucke die Daumen fuer dich!! Wieder studieren!!!

Lena hat gesagt…

I'm proud of you! Not everyone can be a gardner...some of us struggle more than others. In my last attempt at growing an herb garden I killed even the chives (and I have always been told that ANYONE can grow chives because they are a noxious weed!) Proved them wrong!