Wie ihr ja wisst, befinde ich mich zur Zeit in der Freistellung für die Steuerberaterprüfung und sitze von morgens bis abends – wie zu besten Studentenzeiten – an meinem Schreibtisch und wühle mich durch das komplexe deutsche Steuerrecht *seufz*. Der einzige richtig große Unterschied zum Studium ist das ordentliche monatliche Gehalt das weiterhin schön auf meinem Konto eintrudelt. Was für ein dekadentes Studentenleben ist das denn?!
Jedenfalls kam letztens Rob abends heim, trat ins Zimmer und meinte „das sieht aus bei dir, als ob du einen Altar aufgebaut hast!“ Da musste ich schmunzeln, denn es sieht wahrlich aus, als ob ich die im Halbkreis um mich aufgebauten Gesetze, Erlasse und Richtlinien täglich förmlich anbete. Nachdem ich leider kein Bild meiner Zimmer-Verwüstung zu Zeiten meiner Diplomarbeit in Tübingen gemacht habe dachte ich mir, ich halte zumindest meine Steuerberater-Vorbereitungszeit fest! :-) Übrigens: Zu Diplomarbeitszeiten war ein Halbkreis nicht ausreichend! Der Boden direkt hinter meinem Schreibtischstuhl musste natürlich auch herhalten… :-)
Hier also mein – nicht unbedingt anbetungswürdiger – „Steuer-Altar“
Here’s my – not really worship worthy – “tax-altar”
My potatoes are steadily frying in the pan and since they need a few moments to get the right „tan“, I decided to take a few minutes to update my blog. So, it’s my lunch break which has to be sacrificed – again! :-)
As I have already told you, I’m currently at home studying for the upcoming tax adviser exam. As such, I’m sitting at my desk from dawn till dusk (sounds odd this way) rummaging my way through the quite complex German Tax System *sighs*. Did you actually know that no other tax system in the world has as much secondary literature as the German tax system?! Anyway, it feels like being a student again after three years of working. But there’s one big difference: That’s the quite proper monthly salary on my account! What a decadent student’s life is that?!
So, last week, Rob returned from work in the evening, entered the room I’m studying in and says after a pause: „You know what: This looks like you’ve built your own personal altar around you!“ I had to grin because it really does look like I’m daily worshipping the tax laws, other law books, administrative decrees and guidelines issued by German tax authorities forming a semi-circle around me. As I have not taken a picture of my devastated room during the time I wrote my diploma essay at university in Tübingen (back then it was not a semi-circle on the table but a full circle covering the table and the floor right behind my office-chair!), I decided to capture my preparations for the tax adviser exam! :-)

1 Kommentar:
That's funny
Kommentar veröffentlichen